Saturday, June 30, 2012

Au revoir Québec et merci!

Well, today marks the official end of the UCBA French Study Abroad Program for 2012.  Fittingly enough, today is also Canada Day and I'm glad to be here for part of the day to wish my home and native land a happy birthday!


Some of the students have arrived home safely by air, another group is spending a few days in Montréal at the Jazz Festival before returning home to Cincinnati by car.

I'd like to say a grand merci to Sylvain, Andrée-Anne and Céline at Edu-Inter, our partner school, for all they have done this year to contribute to the program's success and also to help me with a few challenges encountered this year.  They were great to work with.  

I have enjoyed my time in Québec, speaking French all day long and being Canadian again for two weeks.  I have also learned more about the history of this wonderful region and discovered some hidden gems (especially la promenade des écrivains).  I am leaving with some new ideas, for my courses, my research and some changes I will make to this study abroad program when I offer it again.

Here are some final photos of one of the most beautiful and historic cities in North America.







Au revoir et à bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment